A large medical federation organises an international congress every four years. Due to its rotating regional schedule and gap between meetings, the challenge was to create a regional as well as global awareness of the event and ensure a high number of participants for the 2016 edition in Hong Kong.
- 113,808 online visitors
- 17,000 new online visitors
- +3,000 database acquisitions
- 47,752 Social Media impressions
To meet congress attendance goals, the MCI Digital Marketing Department developed a comprehensive engagement strategy from website, e-mailers and e-commerce to SEO, digital advertising and social media.
- The full digital package increased awareness of the event and converted web visitors into abstracts submitters and registered participants.
- 96,808 unique visitors were generated to a website that was built with no previous history
- A monthly e-mailer campaign with newsworthy content informed and engaged delegates resulting in over 6000 opens per newsletter
- Search Engine Optimisation and Calendar Listings ensured that the congress and its related topics were high on Google search rankings
- Database acquisition forms gathered over 3000 new interested parties via the website, onsite promotions and competitions
- The global Pay Per Click campaign brought over 17,000 new visitors to the website at a fraction of the cost of print and other advertising
- Remarketing adverts further reinforced calls to submit abstracts and register
- Social media exposure of regular posts leading to the congress not only built brand recognition but had 47,752 impressions on Facebook and Twitter
I have been very impressed with MCI at this event. As a matter of fact, I am so pleased with this experience and now most confident in our next meeting in Rio, Brazil which will be coordinated by MCI.
Federation’s Committee Chairman